This past year has been a significant one for Martin Waymire, as we transitioned to new ownership, celebrated the retirements of two PR and journalism legends (Kathy Barks Hoffman and Dave Waymire), and continued to make a positive impact through our work with clients, making waves across the nation.
This was the first year Martin Waymire has been under new ownership – a transition that started back in 2020. We greatly appreciate Dave and Roger’s trust in this leadership team and their mentorship throughout the transition. Dave, Roger and Kathy will continue to consult on several client projects in the new year.
But beyond the internal changes, it’s the work we’ve done alongside our clients that truly stands out in 2022 and helped lead us to a record year. From advocating for legislation expanding the scope of practice for nurse anesthetists to improving access to healthcare, our team has made a difference in helping our clients achieve their goals. Here are a few highlights:
- With Hemlock Semiconductor, we helped ensure that polysilicon was included in the U.S.-China trade deal, and also helped HSC host high-level visits with the Biden Administration, U.S. senators and more.
- With Redemption Cannabis, we helped people get connected to expungement services so that minor marijuana offenses would not prevent them from landing a job or volunteering at their kids’ schools.
- We educated people about the importance of vaccines and helped boost the state’s vaccination rates.
- Through our work with the Michigan Association of State Universities and the University Research Corridor, we helped communicate the value of higher education to the public, which ultimately helped secure the most significant investment in higher education this state has seen in 20 years.
- Our work with the Michigan Municipal League helped to ensure the state had a strategy for investing the roughly $6 billion dollars we received in COVID relief funds. Those funds are helping to increase access to high-speed internet, fix our crumbling infrastructure and much more.
- We also had the privilege of helping clients with key events, such as the International Safe Transit Association’s 2022 Forum in San Diego and Automobili-D (part of the NAIAS Auto Show in Detroit) with the University Research Corridor. We also helped the Sault Tribe of Chippewa Indians host Gov. Whitmer at the State-Tribal Summit in Sault Ste. Marie.
- We began working in the defense sector this year by helping two companies doing high-level national security work communicate how joining together will benefit their employees and customers.
Martin Waymire is committed to working with clients that are making a positive difference in Michigan and beyond. We are grateful for the opportunity to be a part of their efforts, and look forward to continuing to make a meaningful impact in the coming year.