Looking for a spring internship? Good news – we’re hiring!
Martin Waymire is looking for two public relations interns to work part-time during the spring 2022 semester who are interested in getting hands-on experience in all areas of integrated public relations. You’ll get a chance to write and edit, create social media campaigns, handle digital media and graphic design, plan events and deal with clients and reporters. All of our staff members have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Our office offers a hybrid work schedule where you will be in the office some days (generally two days a week) and work remotely on others. We offer a competitive per-hour rate and cover other expenses as needed.
You’ll be considered if you’re a self-starter who works well independently and with a team, can successfully manage multiple projects, and are driven to do excellent work. Martin Waymire has a fun, collaborative work culture. We value winning with balance and helping clients who are making Michigan a better place. We were honored recently to be named Lansing’s Best PR firm in the Lansing City Pulse/Fox47 Top of the Town 2021 contest, and we’ve won both area, regional and national PR awards for our campaigns. Many of our previous public relations interns have stayed on for more than one semester and have gone on to successful careers in PR. In this case, the spring internship could lead to a full-time summer internship or possibly a full-time job if you’re graduating in May 2022.
What you’ll learn
At Martin Waymire, you’ll gain the well-rounded skills that will best prepare you for life after graduation.
- We teach you to research, plan and implement integrated paid and unpaid digital media campaigns.
- We’ll give you the chance to work directly with top-notch PR professionals who are public policy authorities, digital media innovators and creative thinkers.
- We give you the opportunity to interact with key players in Michigan in areas ranging from politics to energy, education, health care, gaming, telecommunications and retail.
- We teach you what award-winning campaigns look like at a company that has won the top PR award in the nation – the Silver Anvil – 5 times.
- We let you wear all the hats at our nationally recognized firm, giving you exposure to graphic and web design, multimedia services, media training, event planning and more.
What makes you the ideal candidate
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Experience writing press releases, op-eds, letters to the editor and conducting media outreach
- Experience managing social media for clients
- Graphic design skills and a working knowledge of design programs, such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop or Canva
How to apply
Email us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com.
About Martin Waymire
Martin Waymire is a strategic public relations agency that works with clients seeking to make Michigan a better place. For more than 16 years, we’ve earned the trust and respect of hundreds of clients, managing award-winning public relations, digital marketing and advocacy campaigns with winning results. It’s why we’re considered one of the top public relations firms in the state.
Martin Waymire employees get hands-on experience in all areas of integrated public relations, from writing and editing to creating campaigns, handling digital media and working with clients and reporters. At Martin Waymire, you’ll gain the well-rounded skills that will best prepare you for life after graduation. We welcome you to be a part of a nonpartisan PR firm that knows how to both work hard and play hard and is working to make Michigan a better place.