We were thrilled this year to take home eight awards for public relations excellence in competitions with agencies and organizations from across Mid-Michigan and the East Central United States — definitely a reason to celebrate after an abnormal year!
Martin Waymire won five first-place “Pinnacle Awards” in the Central Michigan Public Relations Society of America (CMPRSA) ’2020 PACE Awards competition. It also won an Excellence Award and an Achievement Award. These included:
- First-place Pinnacle Award for social medium tactic for I Vaccinate: Sharing Real Family Stories Through Social Media. Clients are the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) and the Franny Strong Foundation.
- First-place Pinnacle Award for shoestring budget campaign for GRNoir Opens Jazz Club & Wine Bar Midst of Pandemic. The client is GRNoir Wine and Jazz in Grand Rapids.
- First-place Pinnacle Award for website tactic for Big Changes Ahead Auto No-Fault Changes Website. The client is the Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA).
- First-place Pinnacle Award for organizational relations campaign for COVID Care Heroes. The client is MHA.
- First-place Pinnacle Award for newsletter tactic for the “Spread Hope, Not COVID” Coalition Newsletter. The client is MDHHS.
- Award of Excellence for crisis communication campaign in the PACE Awards competition for Holiday Booze in Jeopardy for Martin Waymire.
- Award of Achievement for public service campaign in the PACE Awards competition for the I Vaccinate Campaign. Clients are MDHHS and the Franny Strong Foundation.
One of Martin Waymire’s’s student practitioners, Chanel Sheffer, submitted and won the student campaign category with Shape The Future: START HERE. Campaign. The campaign was completed by Michigan State University’s Bateman Case Study team in PRSSA’s Bateman Case Study Competition in 2020. The client was the Census Bureau.
Senior Account Executive Angela Minicuci, APR, was presented with the 2021 PACE Maker of the Year Award, the top honor presented to an individual by the Central Michigan Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (CMPRSA). This prestigious award recognizes a practitioner who has made a significant contribution to the profession. In a given year, the recipient must have demonstrated outstanding leadership/management skills, innovation and creativity in a project or program that was challenging and/or difficult in nature.
Martin Waymire also won a Merit Award in PRSA’s “Diamond Awards” competition for the East Central states of Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The entry for Big Changes Ahead used a website to inform drivers statewide of complicated auto insurance changes in Michigan while underscoring the importance of coverage. The client is the Michigan Health & Hospital Association
The seven PACE Awards and one Diamond Award were received May 13 at the annual PACE Awards event, held virtually for the second year in a row. Each award represents a client who is working to make Michigan a better place, which is what we’re all about at Martin Waymire. We’re grateful to all of the amazing organizations, companies and coalitions that trust us to help them achieve their goals.