Do you have a passion for making Michigan a better place? Want to be part of one of the most distinguished strategic communications teams in Michigan? Excited at the prospect of receiving national recognition for your work?
Martin Waymire is seeking a communications strategist with excellent writing, media relations, strategic communications, account management and project management experience. Bonus points for knowledge of and an interest in public policy, and experience managing social media and digital marketing campaigns.
The right candidate will have three or more years of public relations experience and share our agency’s core focus and passion to “make Michigan a better place.” Experience working in or with state or local government, associations, advocacy organizations, public relations and advertising agencies, or a related organization is preferred.
Our team likes to balance hard work and play. We are adept at working both independently and with a team while successfully balancing multiple projects and deadlines. We also expect our team members to be entrepreneurial by nature and seek opportunities for professional and personal growth, as well as the growth of the agency.
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to Andrea Kerbuski at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17th.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; familiarity with AP Style
- Professional writing experience, especially writing for the web, electronic communications and/or blogs
- Experience creating content for and managing advertising campaigns on major social and digital platforms, including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience designing graphics/ads for digital and social campaigns, using design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) and/or Canva
- Working knowledge of popular website content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, professional writing, business and/or related fields
Compensation will be commensurate with experience within the range of $50-$60k. In addition to paying competitive annual salaries and benefits, Martin Waymire offers bonuses to all account service and support staff based on their individual performance and the performance of the company.
Martin Waymire also offers:
- Hybrid work environment
- Health insurance including dental, medical and vision
- Up to $600 annual fitness and wellness reimbursement
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- 401k contributions
- Profit sharing
- Paid holidays plus floating holiday options
- Professional development opportunities
Martin Waymire is an equal opportunity employer. Martin Waymire does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is based on qualifications, merit, and business need.