Looking for a paid, full-time summer internship? We’re hiring!
Martin Waymire student practitioners gain direct experience in all areas of integrated public relations — from writing and editing to creating campaigns, planning social media content, and working directly with clients and reporters.
You’ll be considered for the job if you:
- Are an ambitious person
- Work well independently and with a team
- Effectively manage multiple projects at once
- Have a sharp attention to detail
- Produce high-quality work
We value excellence, teamwork, balance and growth, and share a passion for supporting organizations who are making Michigan a better place. We were honored to be named one of Michigan’s top 100 “Cool Places to Work” by Crain’s Detroit Business. Many of our previous student practitioners have stayed on for more than one semester and have gone on to successful careers in PR right here in Lansing, as well as nationally recognized companies throughout Detroit, Chicago, New York City, California and more.
We work with you to create your schedule, with most student practitioners working an average of 15 hours during our fall and spring internships, and 37.5 hours (full time) during the summer. We offer a $15 per-hour rate and cover other expenses as needed. Our office offers a hybrid work environment where you will be expected to be in the office some days and work remotely on others.
What You’ll Learn on the Job
At Martin Waymire, you’ll secure a well-rounded skill set that is required for a successful public relations career.
- We teach you to research, plan and implement integrated campaigns, using tactics from earned media, digital and social media, community relations and more.
- We give you the opportunity to interact with leading organizations across Michigan in areas ranging from politics to energy, education to health care.
- We teach you what award-winning campaigns look like at a company that has won the top PR award in the nation – the Silver Anvil – 5 times.
- We let you wear all the hats at our nationally recognized firm, giving you exposure to graphic and web design, multimedia services, media training, crisis communication, issue advocacy, event planning and more.
The Ideal Candidate
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience writing press releases, op-eds, blog posts, and letters-to-the-editor
- Experience managing social media for organizations (beyond your personal pages)
- Graphic design skills and a working knowledge of design programs, such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop or Canva
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Hannah Lupi at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 17.
About Martin Waymire
For nearly two decades, we’ve earned the trust and respect of hundreds of clients, managing award-winning public relations, digital marketing and issue advocacy campaigns that grew businesses, opened minds, changed behaviors and shaped policies. It’s why we’re considered one of the top public relations firms in Michigan.
Located in downtown Lansing, Martin Waymire is a strategic public relations and digital strategy firm with a focus on public policy. We welcome you to be a part of a nonpartisan PR firm that knows how to both work and play hard, and is working to make Michigan a better place.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Martin Waymire is an equal opportunity employer. Martin Waymire does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is based on qualifications, merit, and business need.