Looking for a summer internship? Good news – we’re hiring!
Martin Waymire student practitioners get hands-on experience in all areas of integrated public relations, from writing and editing to creating campaigns, handling digital media and dealing with clients and reporters. We work with you to set your schedule, with most student practitioners working an average of 20 hours during our fall and spring internships, and 37.5 hours (full time) during the summer. We offer a competitive per-hour rate for all your hours worked, and cover other expenses as needed. Our student practitioners go on to work for nationally recognized companies in places such as Chicago, New York City, Detroit, California and Texas.
What you will learn on the job
At Martin Waymire, you’ll gain the well-rounded skills that will best prepare you for life after graduation.
- We teach you to research, plan and implement integrated paid and unpaid digital media campaigns.
- We give you the opportunity to interact with key players in Michigan in areas ranging from politics to energy, education, health care, gaming, telecommunications and retail.
- We teach you what award-winning campaigns look like at a company that won the top PR award in the nation – the Silver Anvil – in 2013.
- We let you wear all the hats at our nationally recognized firm, giving you exposure to graphic and web design, multimedia services, media training, event planning and more.
What makes you the perfect candidate
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Experience writing press releases, op-eds, letters to the editor and conducting media outreach
- Experience managing social media for clients
- Working knowledge of design programs, such Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop or Canva
How to apply
Visit https://t.co/goUmgeDFbW to apply online using Handshake, or send email us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com
About Martin Waymire
We are a public relations and marketing firm with a focus on public policy striving to make Michigan a better place.
For more than a decade, we’ve earned the trust and respect of hundreds of clients, managing award-winning public relations, digital marketing and advocacy campaigns with winning results. It’s why we’re considered one of the top public relations firms in the state. Located in downtown Lansing, Martin Waymire is a strategic public relations and marketing firm with a focus on public policy in areas ranging from politics to energy, education, health care, gaming, telecommunications and retail. Martin Waymire employees get hands-on experience in all areas of integrated public relations, from writing and editing to creating campaigns, handling digital media and dealing with clients and reporters. We give you the chance to work directly with the company’s founders, Roger Martin and Dave Waymire, who both have won national PR awards over careers spanning 25 years. We welcome you to be a part of a nonpartisan PR firm that knows how to both work hard and play hard and is working to make Michigan a better place.